Translator Toolbar vanished
Thread poster: Ursula Kollar-Fiedrich
Ursula Kollar-Fiedrich
Ursula Kollar-Fiedrich
Germany
Local time: 17:07
Nov 28, 2011

Hi,

I'm working with Catalyst 7 and am desperately looking for the Translator Toolbar...

Normally, I have it docked on the bottom of the main window. But today I undocked it unintentionally. When trying to dock it again, I managed to hide it completely. There is no way to get it back:

View -> Translator Toolbar ==> doesn't work

Tools -> Options -> User Profile -> Toolbar Window Positions -> Restore Defaults ==> doesn't work

... See more
Hi,

I'm working with Catalyst 7 and am desperately looking for the Translator Toolbar...

Normally, I have it docked on the bottom of the main window. But today I undocked it unintentionally. When trying to dock it again, I managed to hide it completely. There is no way to get it back:

View -> Translator Toolbar ==> doesn't work

Tools -> Options -> User Profile -> Toolbar Window Positions -> Restore Defaults ==> doesn't work

Closing and reopening Catalyst ==> doesn't work

What else can I try?

TIA
Ursula
Collapse

Alchemy Support
Alchemy Support
Local time: 16:07
English
Have you tried deleting the registry? Nov 28, 2011

Hi Ursula,

Have you tried to delete the registry for Catalyst7?

Before deleteing the registry you need to export all the custom made ezparse rules you might have via tools > options > ezparse rule > export.

Open run , type in regedit and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Alchemy\Alchemy Catalyst 7.0 on the right hand site, highlight the Alchemy Catalyst 7.0 folder and delete it.

When you launch Catalyst does the translator toolbar reappear
... See more
Hi Ursula,

Have you tried to delete the registry for Catalyst7?

Before deleteing the registry you need to export all the custom made ezparse rules you might have via tools > options > ezparse rule > export.

Open run , type in regedit and navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Alchemy\Alchemy Catalyst 7.0 on the right hand site, highlight the Alchemy Catalyst 7.0 folder and delete it.

When you launch Catalyst does the translator toolbar reappear?

Thanks and regards,
Jette
Collapse

Ursula Kollar-Fiedrich
Ursula Kollar-Fiedrich
Germany
Local time: 17:07
TOPIC STARTER
Translator Toolbar reappeared Nov 28, 2011

Hi Jette,

thanks a lot!!! Deleting the registry entry for the current user did the trick - the Translator Toolbar is back

Regards
Ursula

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Translator Toolbar vanished

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »