Catalyst 8.0: blank Translator Toolbar pane
Thread poster: chigusa
chigusa
chigusa
Local time: 13:11
English to Japanese
+ ...
Aug 3, 2011

I just downloaded Catalyst 8.0. A .ttx file opens fine, but the Translator Toolbar remains blank (both translated and original text panes) even when a segment is highlited. When I double-click a segment, the cursor blinks in the Translated Text pane of the Translator Toolbar, but I still can't type anything in and the both text panes remain blank.

I tried this with Catalyst sample ttx files, but it had the same result.

Does anybody know how to fix this? Thank you in
... See more
I just downloaded Catalyst 8.0. A .ttx file opens fine, but the Translator Toolbar remains blank (both translated and original text panes) even when a segment is highlited. When I double-click a segment, the cursor blinks in the Translated Text pane of the Translator Toolbar, but I still can't type anything in and the both text panes remain blank.

I tried this with Catalyst sample ttx files, but it had the same result.

Does anybody know how to fix this? Thank you in advance.

P.S. OS: Windows Vista
Collapse

Bernard Lieber
Bernard Lieber  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:11
English to French
+ ...
Registry Issue Aug 4, 2011

I think it probably boils down to some dlls or ocxs not getting registered properly you need to run regsvr32 EditToolbarU.ocx - Run as Administrator under Vista or else it won't work. Alternatively, try and move or resize the Translator Toolbar, did the trick for me.

One more option, is to click on Tools --> Options User Profile and Toolbar Window Positions and then Restore Defaults

Good luck,

chigusa
chigusa
Local time: 13:11
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still not working... Aug 4, 2011

Hi Bernard,

I did run regsvr32 EditToolbarU.ocx and that fixed some of the issues I had, but the panes are still blank. I will try other options you suggested and report again if I have any success.

Thank you kindly

Thomas Rebotier
Thomas Rebotier  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:11
English to French
width of one char Dec 11, 2011

Do you by chance have a 1-character to the left with scrolling arrows like an elevator bar, really tiny next to it. That happens to me a lot Im on here trying to solve it. The TT is here and the text appears, but with a width of 1 char!!!

Thomas Rebotier
Thomas Rebotier  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:11
English to French
Change toobar width ... Jan 18, 2012

I found out my solution last time thought Id share it now When changing the bar width even by a hair's breadth (click and drag the right border of the box), the 1-char width is readjusted to the new width (which I dont really change anyway) and i can see the text.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Catalyst 8.0: blank Translator Toolbar pane

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »