Error message : The TTK does not appear to be a valid format.
Thread poster: Serge AWONO
Serge AWONO
Serge AWONO  Identity Verified
Cameroon
Local time: 13:10
English to French
+ ...
Apr 23, 2011

Hi all,

A client sent me a TTK file saved in Catalyst 7 and I am actually using Catalyst 8, I can't open the said file as there is an error message that keeps appearing: The TTK does not appear to be a valid format.

Is there any way I can recover the file? there are terminology resources that I need to reuse in that very same file so please help me fix this issue asap.

Regards,

Serge

Uta Kappler
Uta Kappler
United States
Local time: 06:10
Member (2008)
English to German
+ ...
Type of license used for saving this TTK? Apr 23, 2011

Are you and/or your client using the Translator LITE version?

Alchemy Catalyst with a Translator LITE license (free license), can only open .ttk files which have been saved in Alchemy Catalyst with a Developer Pro license.

So you might need to go back to the person who saved the file and make sure it is saved with the right version of catalyst. Maybe ask for an export of the entire TTK, if you do not need the TTK. Sorry, but I do not remember whether and what kind of ex
... See more
Are you and/or your client using the Translator LITE version?

Alchemy Catalyst with a Translator LITE license (free license), can only open .ttk files which have been saved in Alchemy Catalyst with a Developer Pro license.

So you might need to go back to the person who saved the file and make sure it is saved with the right version of catalyst. Maybe ask for an export of the entire TTK, if you do not need the TTK. Sorry, but I do not remember whether and what kind of export options there are in version 7, I am using 9 right now.
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Error message : The TTK does not appear to be a valid format.

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »