Jaroslaw Michalak  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 21:07
Member (2004)
English to Polish
SITE LOCALIZER
May 14, 2010

I have a serious problem...

I have quoted a project to be done in Alchemy Catalyst Lite based on the Analysis Report. However, when I have analysed the glossary based on the project with a CAT tool, it seems that the Analysis Report wordcount is just 60% of the total wordcount in the glossary (naturally I've counted only one column)!

Why so much a difference? All strings in the glossary seem to be valid (except a stray internal string, but there are few), also there are
... See more
I have a serious problem...

I have quoted a project to be done in Alchemy Catalyst Lite based on the Analysis Report. However, when I have analysed the glossary based on the project with a CAT tool, it seems that the Analysis Report wordcount is just 60% of the total wordcount in the glossary (naturally I've counted only one column)!

Why so much a difference? All strings in the glossary seem to be valid (except a stray internal string, but there are few), also there are not many repetitions...
Collapse

Alchemy Support
Alchemy Support
Local time: 20:07
English
Build Number May 17, 2010

Hi Jabberwock,

Can you please provide me with your Catalyst build number? This is found in Catalyst under Help > About Catalyst.

Thanks and regards,
Jette

Jaroslaw Michalak
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Version May 17, 2010

My number Version 7.03 Build 7314. However, I have Lite version - I am not sure if the build the glossary and the analysis were made on is the same... I will check with the client.

Alchemy Support
Alchemy Support
Local time: 20:07
English
Sorry for the late response. May 19, 2010

Hi Jabberwock,

We have most of the analysis issues in Catalyst 7 have been fixed in Catalyst 8.

Do you have to use Catalyst 7 for the project?

Thanks and regards,
Jette

Jaroslaw Michalak
Poland
Member (2004)
English to Polish
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Problem solved! May 19, 2010

Actually, it was not a problem at all - some of the strings were marked as locked (so Catalyst did not count them), but all of them were exported. Skipping them gives correct results.

Sorry for the confusion!

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Wildly incorrect Alchemy Catalyst analysis

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »