How to add Portuguese (BR) spell check to Catalyst 8.0?
Thread poster: gutawiedner (X)
gutawiedner (X)
gutawiedner (X)
Local time: 00:41
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Apr 12, 2010

Hi All!

I was wondering how to add an internal spell check to Catalyst 8.0, as Portuguese (Brazil) doesn't show as an internal spell check feature.

I don't seem to have Portuguese spelling for Word either. And I am running Catalyst on Vista.

Does anyone know how this can be done?

Thank you very much for any help!

Guta

Alchemy Support
Alchemy Support
English
Cannot add internal Dictionaries Apr 13, 2010

Hi Guta,

You cannot add an internal dictionary in Catalyst. However you should be able to use the Portuguese dictionary if you have the language pack installed and it is available in MS Word, then the dictionary should be displayed under MS Dictionaries in Catalyst.

Thanks and regards,
Jette

gutawiedner (X)
gutawiedner (X)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Where do I get a MS Word 2000 spelling package for Br-Portuguese? Apr 14, 2010

Hi Jette,

Thanks for your reply!

I don't have this package (ie Portuguese spelling) in MS Word.

Would there be a way around this problem at all?

I find it quite weird that this CAT needs another package in order to run as expected. One should add this to the cost of acquiring this software...

Do you know if I can get this add-on for the MS Word 2000?

Regards,
Guta

Alchemy Support
Alchemy Support
English
Language Pack Apr 15, 2010

Hi Guta,

Alchemy CATALYST comes with its own internal Spell Checker, however, Microsoft spellchecker technology can also be selected if present on your machine.

Please have a look at this site for the Portuguese language pack: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/suites/ha102113691033.aspx

Thanks and regards,
Jette

Maria Helena Brenner-Kelly
Maria Helena Brenner-Kelly
United States
Local time: 19:41
Member (2011)
English to Portuguese
I do have the Portuguese language pack but still problems Aug 12, 2011

Hi, Jette.

I do have the Portuguese language package installed but when I try to configure the spellcheck with MS Word dictionaries, Catalyst only shows me 3 options (in Portuguese!): Espanhol, Francês, Inglês. It does not show "Português" as an option.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Maria

Lorena H Borges
Lorena H Borges  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 20:41
English to Portuguese
SITE LOCALIZER
I am having the same problem with Catalys 10 - lite version. Mar 3, 2013

I have got the Catalyst 10 version Lite and it doesn´t have the Brazilian Portuguese spell checker.
My word is 2010 and has the Portuguese language package.

I have tried everything, but nothing changes.

Regards,

Lorena

[Editada em 2013-03-03 16:51 GMT]

Alchemy Support
Alchemy Support
English
MS Dictionary Mar 4, 2013

Hi Lorena,

Can you perform a spell check in Word for Portuguese or does it report that you do not have the required proofing tools installed?

Thanks and regards,
Jette

Fernando Schramm
Fernando Schramm  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 20:41
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Same problem for me Apr 1, 2014

I have Office 2013 with proofing tools for pt-BR and it doesn't show as spell check language in Catalyst 9 lite.

As if that were not enough, Catalyst won't even let me click/select any spell check languages even if I set the target language to any of the available ones.

Alchemy Support
Alchemy Support
English
Bug Apr 1, 2014

Hi All,

There is currently a bug in Catalyst that you cannot see your native installed language as an available dictionary under the Microsoft dictionaries in Catalyst.

However, if Portuguese is your native operation system language what you can try is:

Set your Target Language to Portuguese.
Under SpellChecker select the Microsoft Word Dictionaries.
Now perform a spell check.

Even tho you cannot see the language in the available di
... See more
Hi All,

There is currently a bug in Catalyst that you cannot see your native installed language as an available dictionary under the Microsoft dictionaries in Catalyst.

However, if Portuguese is your native operation system language what you can try is:

Set your Target Language to Portuguese.
Under SpellChecker select the Microsoft Word Dictionaries.
Now perform a spell check.

Even tho you cannot see the language in the available dictionary list. Catalyst should still perform the spell check.

Thanks,
Jette
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

How to add Portuguese (BR) spell check to Catalyst 8.0?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »