Thread poster: Wilmer Brouwer
Wilmer Brouwer
Wilmer Brouwer
Netherlands
Local time: 08:36
English to Dutch
+ ...
Mar 15, 2010

I thought I should give Publisher a try because after all I received it for free. Unfortunately I found it was not as intuitive as I hoped. Here's my problem and I hope someone can explain to me how to solve it:
I opened a file previously translated in Trados. I also opened the TM that has all the segments.
Now I just wanted to see if Publisher would find the matches in the TM and automatically translate my document because I wanted to see if the result would be good enough to give
... See more
I thought I should give Publisher a try because after all I received it for free. Unfortunately I found it was not as intuitive as I hoped. Here's my problem and I hope someone can explain to me how to solve it:
I opened a file previously translated in Trados. I also opened the TM that has all the segments.
Now I just wanted to see if Publisher would find the matches in the TM and automatically translate my document because I wanted to see if the result would be good enough to give translation with Publisher a try.
The good part: my matches show up!
The bad part: they only show up somewhere below, after trying every button and option this program has I cannot get it to copy the translation from the TM to the target segment automatically or even manually for some segments. The only thing I seem to be able to do is to let it pick and choose a few random segments it is willing to translate from the TM. I see no reason why it does so for some segments but not for others that are also 100% matches. When I click on the segment and there is a 100% match I want the software to automatically insert it, not to pick and choose when it does that. The same with fuzzy, I cannot make the software give me fuzzy translations automatically and when I do get it to do something it picks a few random segments to translate to fuzzy, but only those and others not.
Obviously this is not what the software is intended to do so I am doing something wrong here. But what?
Collapse

Alchemy Support
Alchemy Support
Local time: 07:36
English
Files Mar 19, 2010

Hi There,

Would you be able to send me in your files so I could reproduce this here?
The email address is [email protected].

Thanks and regards,
Jette

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Getting started with Publisher

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »