Nikolaos Katris
Nikolaos Katris  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 05:46
Member (2009)
English to Greek
+ ...
Feb 10, 2010

I have Catalyst Lite v.8 and I have a problem with spell check. Even though I have selected microsoft word dictionaries, Catalyst doesn't seem to recognize them, since nothing happens. Every word appears in red colour as if it was wrong. Any suggestions?

Alchemy Support
Alchemy Support
Local time: 03:46
English
Need more info Feb 12, 2010

Hi Nikolaos,

Can you please tell me some more details about your problem.
I would like to know the Operating system you are using and also the version of MS Word e.g. 2003 or 2007. Are you an Administrator on your machine?

And also could you send in a screenshot of what you see in the Tools | Options | Spell Check dialog when you have the Microsoft Word Dictionaries selected.

Thanks,
Alchemy Support

Nikolaos Katris
Greece
Member (2009)
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Info Feb 12, 2010

I am using Windows Vista Home Premium with Word 2007 and I am the administrator on my machine. Please note that I have chosen microsoft word dictionaries from Tools>Options and Greek appears to be one of the available languages. But afterwords every word appears in red as if it was wrong (but no suggestions appear in the box in the translator toolbar). Moreover when I try to do a general spell check in the whole project through the Validate expert every string appears in the results panel becaus... See more
I am using Windows Vista Home Premium with Word 2007 and I am the administrator on my machine. Please note that I have chosen microsoft word dictionaries from Tools>Options and Greek appears to be one of the available languages. But afterwords every word appears in red as if it was wrong (but no suggestions appear in the box in the translator toolbar). Moreover when I try to do a general spell check in the whole project through the Validate expert every string appears in the results panel because of incorrect spelling. Please note that I am not using a TM with the project.

I would gladly send you a screenshot but I am not sure how to do it!

[Edited at 2010-02-12 10:40 GMT]
Collapse

Alchemy Support
Alchemy Support
English
Language of OS-Office Feb 12, 2010

Can I verify aswell the language of your operating system.
Is the OS Greek or English and also what is the language you have for Office 2007.

To take a screenshot press the "Prt Scr" which is Print Screen. The active windows will be copied to the clipboard. Now open MS Paint and paste the image from the clipboard into the image and save.

Nikolaos Katris
Greece
Member (2009)
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
English Windows Vista Feb 12, 2010

I have English Windows and Greek MS Office. Also whenever I shut down Word or Catalyst another window appears for Windows Visual Basic saying "Compile error: can't find project or library". I have tried reinstalling everything several times. Nothing works. And it's really frustrating because I have a very important client who sends me Catalyst projects very often.

As for the screenshot I know how to capture one but I don't know how to attach it in the forum!!

Alchemy Support
Alchemy Support
English
Issue reproduced Feb 12, 2010

Hi Nikolaos,

I have reproduced your error here. I have the development team investigating this issue and will let you know once it has been resolved.

Thanks,

Alchemy Support

Alchemy Support
Alchemy Support
English
New Build May 25, 2010

Hi Nikolaos,

The issue you have reported in this topic is now resolved in the latest build of Alchemy Catalyst 8.0.
Please download the full installer or patch build at the FTP links below.

Full installer:
ftp://user:[email protected]/Catalyst8/8150/Catalyst8_8150.zip

Using the Full installer,
... See more
Hi Nikolaos,

The issue you have reported in this topic is now resolved in the latest build of Alchemy Catalyst 8.0.
Please download the full installer or patch build at the FTP links below.

Full installer:
ftp://user:[email protected]/Catalyst8/8150/Catalyst8_8150.zip

Using the Full installer, you will be required to uninstall Alchemy Catalyst 8.0 prior to installing the latest build.

Patch installer:
ftp://user:[email protected]/Catalyst8/8150/Catalyst_8150.exe

When running the upgrade patch.exe please make sure that the path you unzip the files to matches your installation path of Alchemy Catalyst.
In Catalyst 8.0, the default installation path is C:\Program Files\Alchemy Software\Catalyst 8.0

To find out where Alchemy Catalyst has been installed on your system please go to Start > All Programs > Alchemy Catalyst 8.0 and right click on Alchemy Catalyst 8.0. In the following pop-up window you will find the installation path information under “target”.
Please change the path under “Unzip Folder to” in the patch window accordingly.

Thanks and regards,
Jette
Collapse

Nikolaos Katris
Greece
Member (2009)
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks! May 25, 2010

Thanks a lot for your help!

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Catalyst lite and Greek spell checker

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »