Jose Ruivo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 17:32
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jan 31, 2010

Hi All,

I'm new Catalyst and trying to learn how to use it. Presently I'm at a stage where I'd like to add/connect a TM to the project I'm working in.

So, this is what I've done, after having the ttk project and respective chm file already open in Catalyst:
1) Go to Tools, Options, Power Translate;
2) Click the folder icon, the thee dots (...) button, select the exact same ttk of the project I'm working in, which I have already open, and click Open;
... See more
Hi All,

I'm new Catalyst and trying to learn how to use it. Presently I'm at a stage where I'd like to add/connect a TM to the project I'm working in.

So, this is what I've done, after having the ttk project and respective chm file already open in Catalyst:
1) Go to Tools, Options, Power Translate;
2) Click the folder icon, the thee dots (...) button, select the exact same ttk of the project I'm working in, which I have already open, and click Open;
3) Click the folder icon again, on the file type pending menu select the option Trados Workbench (tmw), select a tmw file, and click Open.

Now I can see the project ttk file, plus the TM tmw file both selected in the "Active Translation Memories" selection window, I click OK to close the User Profile dialog.

Getting back to the editing window, at the first few strings I''m not surprised the TM returns no matches. However, after translating a few strings, I get back to the first one, and to my surprise the TM still returns no match - hasn't the TM been updated?

Instead of any match, the Trados workbench window returns messages like "Right align a group of controls", "Align top", Top align a group of controls", etc...

So, does it seem to you that my TM is connected to the project I'm working on? If not, what should I have done diferently?

TIA,
Jose
Collapse

Alchemy Support
Alchemy Support
English
Currently the TM is not being updated. Feb 1, 2010

Hi Jose,

If you attach your current TTK as a TM, it will not be updated automatically.
You would need to save your TTK and then reattach it as a TM to get the previous translated matches.

To use your current TTK translation mates as a translation memory will be introduced in a later build of Catalyst.

Thanks and regards,
Jette

Jose Ruivo
Jose Ruivo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Looking in the wrong place Feb 1, 2010

Jose Ruivo wrote:

Instead of any match, the Trados workbench window returns messages like "Right align a group of controls", "Align top", Top align a group of controls", etc...

So, does it seem to you that my TM is connected to the project I'm working on? If not, what should I have done diferently?

TIA,
Jose

I was looking at Trados Translator's workbench, instead of at the pane at the bottom of the Catalyst screen. Now I can see Trados Workbench returning matches, in the Catalyst window, not in the Trados Workbench window itself.

Jette, and since I attached as a TM *both* the TTK project *and* the Trados TM, the Trados TM has been updated, and is returning the proper matches - just in a diferent place than what I expected.

The tip was watching the tutorial video for how to attache/use a glossary in Catalyst; next I started looking for a similar manner to attach/use a TM, and finally noticed this pane at the bottom of the screen with a tab saying "Active TM"...

May I suggest adding an explanation of how to use TMs to the tutorial video "Working with glossary [and TM] files"?

Regards,
Jose

Alchemy Support
Alchemy Support
English
Videos Feb 2, 2010

Hi Jose,

Thank you for your feedback. I will forward your suggestion in regards to the tutorial video.

If you would like you could have a look at our YouTube channel under http://www.youtube.com/user/AlchemySoftware which features a view short videos on how to use certain functions in Catalyst.

Thanks and regards,
Jette

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Using TMs with Catalyst - help, pls.

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »