Thread poster: Tasshaa Springord
Tasshaa Springord
Tasshaa Springord
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:48
English to Amharic
+ ...
Oct 29, 2009

I received the link for Alchemy Publisher 2.5 download but it does not seem to work properly. It failed after downloading just 10% of the file. I tried 4 times and gave up. Any thoughts on the matter will be appreciated.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-10-29 18:46 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-10-29 19:34 GMT]

Drew MacFadyen
Drew MacFadyen  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:48
Spanish to English
+ ...
May be a lot of users accessing the FTP site Oct 29, 2009

I have informed Alchemy - i suspect there are a lot of people accessing the FTP site so perhaps the file transfer is too slow to complete. It is a very large (400 MB) file. If you have access to a broadband connection that may help

Drew

Tasshaa Springord
Tasshaa Springord
United Kingdom
English to Amharic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Oct 29, 2009

Many thanks for the reply Drew:-)

It does make sense. I wonder when will be the best time to resume download though?

Kristina Kolic
Kristina Kolic  Identity Verified
Croatia
Local time: 14:48
English to Croatian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
I downloaded from the US/Asian FTP servers Oct 29, 2009

I had the same problem last night when I tried to download the software from the European FTP; the download speed was very low, it would last for 4,5 h, and anyway it stopped after having downloaded 10% with a message that the time had elapsed?!

However, I then tried the US/Asian FTP server and downloaded the file within 20 minutes with absolutely no problem.

[Edited at 2009-10-29 19:54 GMT]

Tasshaa Springord
Tasshaa Springord
United Kingdom
English to Amharic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
US/Asian FTP is working Oct 29, 2009

Thanks Kristina. I am downloading it from the US FTP and it is flowing without any problem. Thanks all for your prompt replies.

Boris Sigalov
Boris Sigalov
Local time: 15:48
English to Russian
Very frustrating... Oct 29, 2009

Kristina Mijic wrote:

the download speed was very low, it would last for 4,5 h

Yes, the download speed is extremely low but yet it's not the worst thing...

I have downloaded the zip archive 2 times yesterday: each time it took me more than 4 hours and as a result both times I got a corrupted archive and thus was not able so far to install the program.

Very frustrating experience... I'm not at all sure Alchemy Publisher is worth all those efforts even if it's offered for free. Is it really good? Has anybody tried this sofware?

[Edited at 2009-10-29 23:35 GMT]

Nikolay Minkov
Nikolay Minkov
Bulgaria
Local time: 15:48
German to Bulgarian
+ ...
Problems opening the zip-folder Oct 30, 2009

Hello,

Well, I managed to download the zip-folder from the european ftp-server, but then I can't unzip the folder, it says, the folder is corrupt or damaged. Wneh I tried to download it from the USA-ftp-server, it downloads to almost 100% and then it says, the file cannot be downloaded.:)
May be Alchemy should take care of their ftp-servers.

Marina Soldati
Marina Soldati  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 09:48
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Product activation Oct 30, 2009

Hi Drew!

I don´t know whether you can answer my question, but here it is:

Is there any way of obtaining the Product Certificate by email appart from sending the email during installation.

The problem is that I don´t want to install it right now. I have to do some maintenance in my hard drive and I don´t have the time at the moment.

Is it possible to manually send the email to Alchemy to obtain the Product Certificate?

Thanks for
... See more
Hi Drew!

I don´t know whether you can answer my question, but here it is:

Is there any way of obtaining the Product Certificate by email appart from sending the email during installation.

The problem is that I don´t want to install it right now. I have to do some maintenance in my hard drive and I don´t have the time at the moment.

Is it possible to manually send the email to Alchemy to obtain the Product Certificate?

Thanks for any hint on this matter.

Regards,
Marina
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Download problem - Alchemy Publisher 2.5

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »