Thread poster: Claudia Alvis
Anahit Simonyan
Anahit Simonyan  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:57
English to Armenian
+ ...
Mixed authentication mode Apr 22, 2010

Hi Jette,

Many thanks for your response. I think I have mixed authentication mode as I followed the manual instructions "How to Manually Install MS SQL/Express, Item11:
11.On the Authentication Mode page, specify the security mode used to connect to your instance of SQL Server.
Select Mixed Mode Authentication . Enter and confirm a strong sa (System Administrator) logon password, click [Next]".

However, I have Spanish OS and downloaded MS SQL Express from th
... See more
Hi Jette,

Many thanks for your response. I think I have mixed authentication mode as I followed the manual instructions "How to Manually Install MS SQL/Express, Item11:
11.On the Authentication Mode page, specify the security mode used to connect to your instance of SQL Server.
Select Mixed Mode Authentication . Enter and confirm a strong sa (System Administrator) logon password, click [Next]".

However, I have Spanish OS and downloaded MS SQL Express from their website the localized Spanish language version, but I haven't followed these steps of the manual:

1.Create a temporary directory ("TEMP") on your machine.
2.Copy the content of the Alchemy PUBLISHER CD (all files and folders) in to the directory "TEMP".
3.Open the folder named "2_SQLExpress".
4.Delete the contents as this contains only an English copy of SQL Server Express.
5.Download the required language version of SQL Server 2005 Express.
6. ...

Maybe that's why I am getting "Start Session Failed" and "Cannot connect to server for authentification"? Shall I uninstall SQL and reinstall with the above instructions. I think Language Exchange is also incorrectly installed. Do I lose much if I don't have the Language Exchange or shall I reinstall SQL and again try to install Language Exchange after that.

The source file loading problem seems to have been solved, I haven't got any more of this error message.
Sorry for the lengthy question. Your help is really appreciable.
Thank you.
Collapse

Alchemy Support
Alchemy Support
Local time: 03:57
English
Always worth reinstalling! Apr 22, 2010

Hi Anahit,

It is always worth to do a reinstall

However you can still use Publisher and you don't necessarily need the Language Exchange.
Publisher 3 will not have the Language Exchange any more.

Can you do an reinstall following the steps of the user manual and check if that solves the issue?

Thanks and regards,
Jette

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Has anybody used Alchemy Publisher 2.0?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »