Andrej Fric
Andrej Fric  Identity Verified
Slovenia
Local time: 19:46
Member (2011)
German to Slovenian
+ ...
Mar 14, 2019

I need to translate the project (software strings) in crossWeb, because there are segment length limits set and I guess offline Across doesn't support length check but crossWeb does.
So my plan is to translate offline in Across, upload the translation and then check in crossWeb for the segments, that appear too long according to the set limit for each segment. I hope that will work, because working online is simply not an option, my working speed drops almost to zero.

Question
... See more
I need to translate the project (software strings) in crossWeb, because there are segment length limits set and I guess offline Across doesn't support length check but crossWeb does.
So my plan is to translate offline in Across, upload the translation and then check in crossWeb for the segments, that appear too long according to the set limit for each segment. I hope that will work, because working online is simply not an option, my working speed drops almost to zero.

Question:
Is it possible to filter out the segments that appear too long?

I guess the length limits are set by the client (actually my client's client) so I have no influence or information about how it is done and my client is currently not very responsive.

Any help or suggestion welcome.
Thank you.
Collapse

Gerald von Stein-Salisbury
Gerald von Stein-Salisbury
English to German
source Mar 15, 2019

Pls show example of source.

Andrej Fric
Andrej Fric  Identity Verified
Slovenia
Member (2011)
German to Slovenian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Snapshot Mar 17, 2019

Gerald von Stein-Salisbury wrote:

Pls show example of source.

It is here: snap

[Edited at 2019-03-17 00:56 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Filtering too long segments in crossWeb/Across

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »