Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Can't use crappy Across because of error in crossMarket authentication
Thread poster: Rafael Mantovani
Gareth Cole
Gareth Cole
United Kingdom
Safnil Safnil's fix worked - with one addition Jan 16, 2018

Safnil Safnil - thank you so much for your reply. I installed a full version of AVG anti-virus yesterday and had exactly the same problem.

Your fix worked - with one addition: there was another exclusion to add to the list of exemptions in the anti-virus software.

As well as

C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeMeter\Runtime\bin\
C:\ProgramData\CodeMeter\CmAct\

I also needed to add the corresponding CodeMeter\Runtime\bin folder under C:\Program Fil
... See more
Safnil Safnil - thank you so much for your reply. I installed a full version of AVG anti-virus yesterday and had exactly the same problem.

Your fix worked - with one addition: there was another exclusion to add to the list of exemptions in the anti-virus software.

As well as

C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeMeter\Runtime\bin\
C:\ProgramData\CodeMeter\CmAct\

I also needed to add the corresponding CodeMeter\Runtime\bin folder under C:\Program Files\.

Thanks for your invaluable help
Collapse

Charlie Delta
Charlie Delta
Norway
"Across Translation Edition activation failed due to local activation environment errors" solved Sep 6, 2018

I had the same problem today.
I downloaded and installed the newest Across version
and the problem was gone.

Vorchuchelo

Olga and Igor Lukyanov
Olga and Igor Lukyanov  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 01:47
English to Russian
+ ...
Change your crossMarket credentials Sep 15, 2020

I completely changed my crossMarket data - I deleted the account and created a new one using a new email address and a new password. Worked for me.

Alberto

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 07:47
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Can't use crappy Across because of error in crossMarket authentication Sep 17, 2020

Robert Rietvelt wrote:

but Across is S... (fill in the dots yourself), but also cheap, compared with real CAT-tools, hence maybe the decisicion of many agencies for this system (especially in Germany. Why is still an enigma to me). I for one charge 0.03 to 0.04 cents extra (depending the topiic) when working with this unworkable tool. Costs me too much time, and time = money. It is the only CAT that is not compatible with other translation tools. Makes you wondering why.

[Edited at 2016-10-28 23:19 GMT]

[Edited at 2016-10-28 23:20 GMT]

[Edited at 2016-10-28 23:21 GMT]

I once (many years ago when Across was still a free tool) talked to a salesperson at Across Germany, she told me that they where not seeking compatibility with other CAT tools. So this is corporate policy.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't use crappy Across because of error in crossMarket authentication

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »