Unable to retrieve tasks - error message „You still have an open task from another customer“
Thread poster: Jana Louvarová
Jana Louvarová
Jana Louvarová  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 17:33
English to Czech
+ ...
Aug 20, 2016

Hello all,
I am trying to retrieve tasks from my customer (crossWAN) and I keep getting the above error message. However, the previous project I worked on is already finished, closed and the customer is 100% sure that he unassigned me from all the translation tasks. Is there any workaround or solution for this? Can I „cut off“ the old process or project (or what is it) by myself or am I fully dependent on the customer in this regard? (Restarting and reinstalling Across did not help.)... See more
Hello all,
I am trying to retrieve tasks from my customer (crossWAN) and I keep getting the above error message. However, the previous project I worked on is already finished, closed and the customer is 100% sure that he unassigned me from all the translation tasks. Is there any workaround or solution for this? Can I „cut off“ the old process or project (or what is it) by myself or am I fully dependent on the customer in this regard? (Restarting and reinstalling Across did not help.)
Thanks for any advice!
Collapse

xiamen-mts
xiamen-mts  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 00:33
Member (2007)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Please help with Ray for the same problem Dec 8, 2016

Hi, Jana
I am a professional translator from China, my name is Ray. I read your post about the Across error "You still have an open task from another customer". Now I'm facing the same problem.
Could you please tell me whether you can retrieve the task successfully now? and how you make it work?
Hope to get your reply ASAP, thank you very much!

AAV
AAV
Local time: 23:33
Try contacting Across support Dec 12, 2016

Across Support guys always try to help: https://helpdesk.across.net/otrs/customer.pl

Nicky Wallace
Nicky Wallace
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:33
German to English
+ ...
Helpful advice from helpdesk Jul 5, 2018

I had this problem last night. The helpdesk got back to me this morning with the following comment:

"Please check if there are not finished tasks. You can do this by clicking on "Display finished tasks". If there are still finished tasks, please delete them. After this you should be able to deliver your current one".

I had already checked with the client that they had unassigned me from my previous task (they said they had) but when I clicked on the "My tasks" tile in
... See more
I had this problem last night. The helpdesk got back to me this morning with the following comment:

"Please check if there are not finished tasks. You can do this by clicking on "Display finished tasks". If there are still finished tasks, please delete them. After this you should be able to deliver your current one".

I had already checked with the client that they had unassigned me from my previous task (they said they had) but when I clicked on the "My tasks" tile in the top left corner of the dashboard and ticked the "Display finished tasks" box once that view had opened, there was a task sitting there. I clicked "Remove" (bottom right) to delete it, and my problem was resolved. Until the helpdesk told me this I had assumed that there was nothing I could do at my end.

PS The helpdesk thinks I may have had this issue because I had problems delivering the previous task (and Across did indeed crash during delivery, so that may have been why it was still sitting on my system)
Collapse

Susan Murphy Lamprecht

Siripong Rungsisarmsuk
Siripong Rungsisarmsuk  Identity Verified
Thailand
Member (2019)
English to Thai
+ ...
I still can't solve it May 21, 2020

"Please check if there are not finished tasks. You can do this by clicking on "Display finished tasks". If there are still finished tasks, please delete them. After this you should be able to deliver your current one"

This method isn't work for me. I have no finished task left and I still can't retrieve a new one.
I try to contact the Helpdesk but no answer till now.

Across Error

[แก้ไขที่ 2020-05-21 07:54 GMT]

Siripong Rungsisarmsuk
Siripong Rungsisarmsuk  Identity Verified
Thailand
Member (2019)
English to Thai
+ ...
Delete all files in your previous work's database to solve it May 25, 2020

Hello,

I used the Across's Helpdesk to help me solve the problem. After I deleted all files in all my previous project, it works. But it made me felt so sick that I had problems because of locked files I didn't translated at all.

Thank you.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to retrieve tasks - error message „You still have an open task from another customer“

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »