Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
Tel.: 711-7514 / 094-196 497
- Free-lance Spanish-English translator specialized in education, marketing, advertising & business management
- Free-lance Spanish-English interpreter.
- Free Lance proofreader & editor in Spanish and English.
- Bilingual: English - Spanish
- Overseas living experience: Mexico; Washington D.C., USA; Paris, France; Santiago de Chile, Chile.
LANGUAGES & OTHER SKILLS
• Spanish: native speaker
• English: read, write and speak with native fluency
• French: read, write and speak fluently
• Computer: Office, Internet, TRADOS, Adobe Acrobat
• Since 1995: Free-lance English-Spanish/Spanish-English translator and interpreter. I have worked on and off as an independent translator, interpreter, and proofreader for individual clients as well as companies. Presently I work steadily as a translator via the internet for educational institutions in the United States.
• 1999 – 2000: Cultural Department Coordinator - Alianza Cultural Uruguay – Estados Unidos (Binational Center) in Montevideo, Uruguay. In charge of coordinating the operation of the cultural department (including supervising theatre and art gallery personnel), organizing art exhibits and plays, acting as liaison between the cultural department and the media, artists and actors. Marketing and Public Relations responsibilities.
CV Paula Secco – Page 2
• 1995 – 1999: Field Representative for the University of Maryland University College Program based in Montevideo, at the Alianza Cultural Uruguay-Estados Unidos. In charge of all aspects of the project: planning; organization; selection of professors and students for the program; hosting of international teachers; applications; liaison between UMUC and the students as well as between UMUC, the Alianza and the US Embassy; logistics; payments; academic advising for students; sales and advertising of program courses; public relations.
• 1993 – 1994 Marketing Assistant for the Hotel Nirvana, at its office in Montevideo, Uruguay. Sales and marketing responsibilities for the company. Appointed Secretary to the Board of Directors.
• 1992 Marketing Assistant for the marketing department at ORT University in Montevideo, Uruguay. Helped organize the newly created department.
• Marketing Diploma (Asistente en Marketing). Universidad ORT, Montevideo, Uruguay – 1991-1992
• International Hotel Management Diploma. (equivalent to an Associate Degree) Institut International Maxim´s de Paris, Paris, France. – 1989
• American High School Diploma obtained at the École Active Bilingue in Paris, France – 1986.
• Born: June 18, 1968
• Married, 3 children.
• Lived (studied/worked) in Mexico, United States, France and Chile.
English-Spanish: U$ 0.07
Spanish-English: U$ 0.08
Rate per hour: U$ 18
Proofreading: $0.05 / word