Some of these cookies are essential to the operation of the site,
while others help to improve your experience by providing insights into how the site is being used.
2019 - present: Translation Project Manager
Full end-to-end accountability for project delivery and quality of work. Set project methodologies, manage schedules and deadlines, implement client solutions. Manage high-value projects, work collaboratively with team members to achieve financial targets. Client relationship management, conflict resolution and complaints management. Manage linguist engagement, performance and quality of work to achieve increased linguist retention. Financial management, monitor project revenues and financial targets.
2017 - present: Exam Interlocutor & Test Assessor, DPSI Online
Conduct oral assessments and interviews, assess candidates’ language, translation and interpreting skills, examine applications and portfolios of evidence, provide feedback on skills candidates need to gain if standards are not met.
2015 - 2017: Coordinator, DPSI Online
I assist DPSI Online with course coordination and project development. DPSI Online teaches beginner, intermediate and advanced-level interpreters and translators in the area of public service interpreting with courses covering the British legal and public services systems. My role includes coordinating a range of programmes and courses by providing customer service and project development support, creating student and tutor induction documents, newsletter, website and social media management, conducting interviews and assessing candidates’ suitability for various courses.
• Publication: Introduction to Public Service Interpreting in the UK
This guide is aimed at public service interpreting students who are currently enrolled on an interpreting course or who have finished their studies and are at the beginning of their career as community or public service interpreters. It aims to provide a short but comprehensive introduction to public service interpreting in the UK and an overview of how the system is set up. It therefore aims to answer questions from “where do I start?” and “what qualifications do I need?” to “how do I take my interpreting career even further?” This e-book should give beginners and students a clear understanding of the current market, the skills and standards required, and some tips on starting and furthering their public service interpreting careers.
• Getting started: areas of specialisation, qualification requirements, course providers, resources for exam study, etc.
• Working as a public service interpreter: work providers and contractors, business skills, etc.
• Current market conditions: agency practices, MOJ’s Framework Agreement, The National Agreement, Legal Aid, etc.
• On the job: skills required, challenges, ethical considerations, etc.
• Career progression: professional memberships, lifelong learning, career advancement.
2012 - 2016 - Coordinator, IAPTI UK Chapter
• 2015 - Organised the European Commission Translation Contracts Workshop (Monica Garcia Soriano)
• 2015 - Organised the Direct Client Workshop (Tanya Quintieri, DVUD)
• 2013 - Member of the organising committee for IAPTI's First International Conference (London)
2011 - Translation Intern, Portuguese Consulate General in Manchester
2010 - Translation Intern, CPSL Language Solutions, Madrid